This Porter Cable Upholstery Stapler guide will walk you through any details you need to know about this popular tool. We’ll start with some general lines about the overall performance at which point we’ll move to specific features. Next, you’ll get to see what those who’ve already purchased this product have to say about it, be it good or bad.
- Uses 22 Ga. 3/8" crown staples from 1/4" to 5/8" long
- Small and lightweight for ease of operation
- 1" nose extension for limited clearance fastening
- Steel top cap for durability
- Rear exhaust port channels air and tool oil/condensation away from user
All in all, this tool is a staple gun that’s designed specifically for upholstery work. It’s a popular staple gun that’s used for many different projects including sofas, carpets, chairs, tables, and more. This staple gun is designed to be easy for anyone to maneuver and provide the precision you need for upholstery projects. It is small and lightweight so that you don’t have to deal with hand fatigue that’s common with extended use.
General Info About the Porter Cable Upholstery Stapler
The first thing that stands out about this staple gun is its size. At 14 x 10.5 x 3.2 inches, you won’t have to deal with annoying bulk that can get in the way of beautiful upholstery work. Its light weight makes it easy to operate as well. One of the helpful features of the Porter Cable upholstery stapler consists of its 1-inch nose extension for precision and faster clearance. The driver guide is pushed back with the staplers that are loaded, making it easier to clear jams.
Moving on, it’s important to mention that this stapler is air powered. For this reason, you’ll need an air compressor to connect to the back of the stapler. Since this is for upholstery, you won’t need a high powered air compressor. Anything in the range of 70 to 120 PSI should suffice. It’ll provide enough power to allow the stapler to do its job.
Porter Cable Upholstery Stapler Specifications
Here are some of the specs you should be aware of if you’re thinking about purchasing the Porter Cable stapler.
- The price is in the upper mid range. It is about $20 to $30 more expensive than similar models sold by other companies. However, this model is very popular among customers for a reason. It is very durable and reliable.
- This is an air powered stapler. As mentioned earlier, you will need an air compressor to connect to the back of the stapler. If you’re looking for portability, you’ll be happy to know that there are a good number portable air compressors you can purchase.
- The stapler uses standard Senco type. It has a staple range of 1/4″ to 5/8″. This is just the right range for upholstery work.
- The magazine capacity is around 185. This capacity is usually enough to go without reloading for most upholstery work.
- The weight of this model is 1.75 lb. This isn’t the lightest upholstery stapler on the market, but it’s definitely in the lower range.
|Price category: Medium|
|Staples: Standard Senco type, 22 ga. 3/8-inch crown staples|
|Magazine capacity: 185 staples|
|Weight: 1.75 pounds/ 0.79 kilograms|
|Dimensions: 14 x 10.5 x 3.2 inches/ 35.56 x 26.67 x 8.12 centimeters|
Pros and Cons of the Porter Cable Upholstery Stapler
The Porter Cable stapler received an overwhelming number of positive reviews from customers. However, to really help you figure out if it’s right for you, you have to look at both the pros and cons of the product.
Common Issues in User Reviews
Again, the customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive. However, it’s still important to point out the parts customers want to improve. While it’s a go-to model that’s involved in upholstery businesses and classes, there are still some issues to be aware of:
– Customers that have owned the staple gun for nearly a year did report that misfires increased over long term use. This is not ideal for upholstery work.
– For some people, safety is the most important feature. These customers wished that there was a safety button to prevent accidental fires.
– Some customers did not like the fact that the packaging didn’t protect the stapler. This is usually a problem on the retailer’s part and not the manufacturer.
What’s important here is the fact that 96 percent of customers gave it anywhere from four to five stars. Only 2 percent of customers gave it a bad rating of one to two stars. The majority of customers were happy with the durability of the stapler, its ease of use, the efficient design, and its performance.
To sum up, the Porter Cable upholstery stapler has received hundreds of positive of reviews from customers. When compared to other staple guns for upholstery, customers reported that this model was more durable and performed as expected. Did you try the Portable Cable stapler yourself? If so, let us know your thoughts about this model. If there are any other upholstery staplers you recommend, please let us know in the comment section.
Last update on 2021-09-18 at 21:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API